santa123
09-10 08:12 AM
My apologies for re-posting...
but looks like we are all late... in the GC waiting game:rolleyes:
Hard to remain hopeful
but looks like we are all late... in the GC waiting game:rolleyes:
Hard to remain hopeful
wallpaper to star in Tomb Raider 3,
skynet2500
11-19 02:45 PM
Gurus, can you please let me know your opinion on the below item? thanks a lot.
I am thinking about having our parents visit us next year. I am planning to have them here for about 185 days - more than the usual 180 days. Do you think there would be any kind of problem with getting the I-94 at the port of entry if we have the tickets booked? Did any do this?
I am thinking about having our parents visit us next year. I am planning to have them here for about 185 days - more than the usual 180 days. Do you think there would be any kind of problem with getting the I-94 at the port of entry if we have the tickets booked? Did any do this?
karanp25
07-11 03:08 PM
Dude, in a bunch of applications - some are approvable while others require more information. Do you want them to keep waiting on unapprovable applications, with old PDs, while the clock is ticking and the unused visas go waste before Oct 2008? Guess not?
That's why they advanced the PDs to give some room to approve later PD applications that are otherwise approvable. They do not have any math involved. They were playing "inky-pinky-ponky" to pick a month & yr to set EB-2 cutoff dates for Aug VB - the only logic was to advance it to a comfortable point--nothing beyond tht. They don't care about few months here and there, and don't care if they raise hopes of some immigrations or shatter hopes of others.
Is it just me missing something? Does it make sense?
Yes. Its simple math. But if it was 10K visas a year, then why did they have to jump forward by more than 2 yrs? Nobody knows how USCIS works internally. The math that v have and the one that they have differ a lot and unexpected things (for good or bad) happen all the time.
That's why they advanced the PDs to give some room to approve later PD applications that are otherwise approvable. They do not have any math involved. They were playing "inky-pinky-ponky" to pick a month & yr to set EB-2 cutoff dates for Aug VB - the only logic was to advance it to a comfortable point--nothing beyond tht. They don't care about few months here and there, and don't care if they raise hopes of some immigrations or shatter hopes of others.
Is it just me missing something? Does it make sense?
Yes. Its simple math. But if it was 10K visas a year, then why did they have to jump forward by more than 2 yrs? Nobody knows how USCIS works internally. The math that v have and the one that they have differ a lot and unexpected things (for good or bad) happen all the time.
2011 angelina jolie tomb raider 3.
srini1976
07-09 08:14 AM
If you havent already seen threads here about how bad the desi employers here in US can be, companies like Satyam, Infosys who are based in India have even worst reputation..they pay indian salaries and expect round the clock work including weekends..and ofcourse no pay..working at McDonalds is probably a better option than these companies...
I had a very bad experience working for one of those companies and many more friends had similar experience.
You are absolutely right my friend. And its certainly a better option to work at McDonalds :)
I had a very bad experience working for one of those companies and many more friends had similar experience.
You are absolutely right my friend. And its certainly a better option to work at McDonalds :)
more...
coopheal
08-01 09:31 AM
The link on USCIS page sends only the user id thru email. It does not send password.
snathan
07-10 12:47 PM
Hi,
I got the standard RFE
1) End date in client letter
2) EE relationship
3) show project validity till h extension requested( 3 years)
RFE response to be received on or before July 10 2010
With all problems from vendor and client i was able to get letters but my lawyer sent the packet on July 9 and when I was tracking the status it says that UPS due to some unforeseen reason will now deliver this packet on 7/12 ..2 days after deadline, the packet has sent date 7/9 and was marked next day AIR
My question is
) Am I screwed in this case and my H1 is gone. current H1 period expires 07/15
2) Or will USCIS will accept the respnse since it was posted before on 7/9
I am so mad at my lawyer but looks like H1 is gone and I have to pack my belongings ...
any advice please
It might be possible. Otherwise you can go for appeal if the approval goes south.
I got the standard RFE
1) End date in client letter
2) EE relationship
3) show project validity till h extension requested( 3 years)
RFE response to be received on or before July 10 2010
With all problems from vendor and client i was able to get letters but my lawyer sent the packet on July 9 and when I was tracking the status it says that UPS due to some unforeseen reason will now deliver this packet on 7/12 ..2 days after deadline, the packet has sent date 7/9 and was marked next day AIR
My question is
) Am I screwed in this case and my H1 is gone. current H1 period expires 07/15
2) Or will USCIS will accept the respnse since it was posted before on 7/9
I am so mad at my lawyer but looks like H1 is gone and I have to pack my belongings ...
any advice please
It might be possible. Otherwise you can go for appeal if the approval goes south.
more...
h1bnogc
08-28 10:20 PM
Hi,
I had the same issue. I did not pay attention what I-94 expiration date was stamped by the officer in JFK airport. I had my visa expired earlier than my approved H1B status.
I was able to fix it couple weeks later at home in Tampa Airport with US Customs and Border Protection. Make sure that you make appointment with them before you go to your nearest international airport. They will take you to secured area where they do all immigration paperwork. See U.S. Customs and Border Protection - Contacts (http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/toolbox/contacts/deferred_inspection/)
Next time, check the expiration I 94 date before you leave an immigration officer counter at the port of entry. This year, when I came back from vacation, the Immigration Officer at Atlanta airport did the same mistake. I told him that's not right and he fixed it.
There are 2 dates on your visa stamp:
1) Visa expiration date
2) H1B status expiration date.
Basically u do not need to show them 797 approved form because they can see all info on your visa stamp. But carry 797 with you just in case.
Misha: how did you convince POE in second time? Thanks for sharing this...
I had the same issue. I did not pay attention what I-94 expiration date was stamped by the officer in JFK airport. I had my visa expired earlier than my approved H1B status.
I was able to fix it couple weeks later at home in Tampa Airport with US Customs and Border Protection. Make sure that you make appointment with them before you go to your nearest international airport. They will take you to secured area where they do all immigration paperwork. See U.S. Customs and Border Protection - Contacts (http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/toolbox/contacts/deferred_inspection/)
Next time, check the expiration I 94 date before you leave an immigration officer counter at the port of entry. This year, when I came back from vacation, the Immigration Officer at Atlanta airport did the same mistake. I told him that's not right and he fixed it.
There are 2 dates on your visa stamp:
1) Visa expiration date
2) H1B status expiration date.
Basically u do not need to show them 797 approved form because they can see all info on your visa stamp. But carry 797 with you just in case.
Misha: how did you convince POE in second time? Thanks for sharing this...
2010 tomb-raider. March 8, 2011
gcformeornot
02-03 02:14 PM
AILA/CBP Liaison Practice Alert : H-1B Admissions at Newark, NJ Airport
Cite as "AILA InfoNet Doc. No. 10020237 (posted Feb. 2, 2010)"
AILA CBP Liaison Committee Practice Alert
H-1B Admissions � Newark, New Jersey Airport
(2/2/2010)
The AILA U.S. Customs and Border Protection (�CBP�) Liaison Committee received reports from AILA members that CBP inspectors at the Newark, New Jersey airport port of entry were apparently assisting in an investigation involving certain H-1B nonimmigrants from India and certain H-1B petitioner companies. The inspectors� questions focused on who the individuals worked for, how their pay was computed, who paid their salary, their job duties, and what they were paid. In some cases, the individuals were subjected to expedited removal and visa cancellation.
After inquiring with CBP headquarters (�HQ�) about these incidents, the CBP Liaison Committee was advised by HQ that several of these cases involved companies under investigation by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (�ICE�) and/or U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (�USCIS�) for ongoing fraud. CBP HQ noted that they use as much advance information as possible to target specific individuals who warrant additional inspection. HQ also noted that recent enforcement cases reviewed ranged from simple documentary deficiency to visa/petition fraud. Upon an inadmissibility finding, the determination to either allow the applicant to withdraw his or her application for admission or to subject the applicant to expedited removal is based on �the totality of the circumstances and reviewed on a case by case basis.� In the Newark enforcement actions, CBP Newark worked closely with USCIS � Fraud Detection and National Security (�FDNS�) and the Department of Labor � Office of Investigations. CBP HQ stated that those questioned were offered the opportunity to contact their consulate and that CBP officers contacted the petitioner and/or current employer when clarification was needed. CBP HQ confirmed that they screen ALL employment-based visa holders to determine admissibility and ensure compliance with entry requirements.
In addition, on January 27, AILA members attending a CBP meeting in the Newark, New Jersey area were informed that a new policy has been instituted at Newark Airport. This policy involves conducting random checks for returning H-1B, L-1, and other employment-based visa holders. Based upon the initial check, if the person�s admissibility is questionable, then he or she will be sent to secondary inspection for further interview. In some cases, if CBP discovers discrepancies in previously filed petitions, then the applicant may be asked to withdraw his/her application for admission into the United States or be subject to expedited removal.
During that same local CBP meeting, attendees were advised that if CBP discovers that a returning Lawful Permanent Resident has a post-1998 conviction, the Lawful Permanent Resident may be detained. The Newark airport port of entry has adopted a mandatory detention policy for crimes that were committed after 1998. In the event that CBP cannot get a copy of the conviction record in twenty-four hours, the person may be released. The only exceptions are that CBP will release a Lawful Permanent Resident for humanitarian reasons; extenuating circumstances such as if the foreign national is traveling with children and there is no one to pick up the children; or when the person is a sole provider for United States Citizen or Lawful Permanent Resident children. Please refer to the CBP Committee advisory as to the detention of returning Lawful Permanent Residents. (AILA InfoNet Doc. No. 09100122).
Individuals with pending I-751 petitions returning to the United States via the Newark airport port of entry, who have a I-751 filing receipt documenting that an I-751 has been properly filed or an ADIT Legal Permanent Resident stamp, will be sent to secondary inspection for further interview to verify the validity of the I-751 Petition. It is unclear if CBP will undertake a substantive review of the I-751 Petition.
In all cases, attorneys should remind their clients to thoroughly prepare for their trip to the United States and their inspection upon application for admission by reviewing all pertinent documents to their petition and to consider carrying evidence to support the assertions made in the petition filed on their behalf by their employer. Similarly, employers must be prepared for telephone inquiries from CBP officers at ports of entry to confirm the assertions made in any nonimmigrant petition and supporting documentation. Finally, employers must be advised that the government may review information in any public venues such as websites and other media for consistency with petition content. Thus, keeping such public information accurate and current is essential.
Note the new fraud related language added to I-797 approval notices �
NOTICE: Although this application/petition has been approved, DHS reserves the right to verify the information submitted in this application, petition, and/or supporting documentation to ensure conformity with applicable laws, rules, regulations, and other authorities. Methods used for verifying information may include, but are not limited to, the review of public information and records, contact by correspondence, the Internet, or telephone, and site inspections of businesses and residences. Information obtained during the course of verification will be used to determine whether revocation, rescission, and/or removal proceedings are appropriate. Applicants, petitioners, and representatives of record will be provided an opportunity to address derogatory information before any formal proceeding is initiated.
Please do not forget to contact the CBP port director to follow up on case problems at a particular port. In addition, as needed, file complaints through the CBP complaint process referenced on InfoNet. (AILA InfoNet Doc. No. 09090364).
Cite as "AILA InfoNet Doc. No. 10020237 (posted Feb. 2, 2010)"
AILA CBP Liaison Committee Practice Alert
H-1B Admissions � Newark, New Jersey Airport
(2/2/2010)
The AILA U.S. Customs and Border Protection (�CBP�) Liaison Committee received reports from AILA members that CBP inspectors at the Newark, New Jersey airport port of entry were apparently assisting in an investigation involving certain H-1B nonimmigrants from India and certain H-1B petitioner companies. The inspectors� questions focused on who the individuals worked for, how their pay was computed, who paid their salary, their job duties, and what they were paid. In some cases, the individuals were subjected to expedited removal and visa cancellation.
After inquiring with CBP headquarters (�HQ�) about these incidents, the CBP Liaison Committee was advised by HQ that several of these cases involved companies under investigation by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (�ICE�) and/or U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (�USCIS�) for ongoing fraud. CBP HQ noted that they use as much advance information as possible to target specific individuals who warrant additional inspection. HQ also noted that recent enforcement cases reviewed ranged from simple documentary deficiency to visa/petition fraud. Upon an inadmissibility finding, the determination to either allow the applicant to withdraw his or her application for admission or to subject the applicant to expedited removal is based on �the totality of the circumstances and reviewed on a case by case basis.� In the Newark enforcement actions, CBP Newark worked closely with USCIS � Fraud Detection and National Security (�FDNS�) and the Department of Labor � Office of Investigations. CBP HQ stated that those questioned were offered the opportunity to contact their consulate and that CBP officers contacted the petitioner and/or current employer when clarification was needed. CBP HQ confirmed that they screen ALL employment-based visa holders to determine admissibility and ensure compliance with entry requirements.
In addition, on January 27, AILA members attending a CBP meeting in the Newark, New Jersey area were informed that a new policy has been instituted at Newark Airport. This policy involves conducting random checks for returning H-1B, L-1, and other employment-based visa holders. Based upon the initial check, if the person�s admissibility is questionable, then he or she will be sent to secondary inspection for further interview. In some cases, if CBP discovers discrepancies in previously filed petitions, then the applicant may be asked to withdraw his/her application for admission into the United States or be subject to expedited removal.
During that same local CBP meeting, attendees were advised that if CBP discovers that a returning Lawful Permanent Resident has a post-1998 conviction, the Lawful Permanent Resident may be detained. The Newark airport port of entry has adopted a mandatory detention policy for crimes that were committed after 1998. In the event that CBP cannot get a copy of the conviction record in twenty-four hours, the person may be released. The only exceptions are that CBP will release a Lawful Permanent Resident for humanitarian reasons; extenuating circumstances such as if the foreign national is traveling with children and there is no one to pick up the children; or when the person is a sole provider for United States Citizen or Lawful Permanent Resident children. Please refer to the CBP Committee advisory as to the detention of returning Lawful Permanent Residents. (AILA InfoNet Doc. No. 09100122).
Individuals with pending I-751 petitions returning to the United States via the Newark airport port of entry, who have a I-751 filing receipt documenting that an I-751 has been properly filed or an ADIT Legal Permanent Resident stamp, will be sent to secondary inspection for further interview to verify the validity of the I-751 Petition. It is unclear if CBP will undertake a substantive review of the I-751 Petition.
In all cases, attorneys should remind their clients to thoroughly prepare for their trip to the United States and their inspection upon application for admission by reviewing all pertinent documents to their petition and to consider carrying evidence to support the assertions made in the petition filed on their behalf by their employer. Similarly, employers must be prepared for telephone inquiries from CBP officers at ports of entry to confirm the assertions made in any nonimmigrant petition and supporting documentation. Finally, employers must be advised that the government may review information in any public venues such as websites and other media for consistency with petition content. Thus, keeping such public information accurate and current is essential.
Note the new fraud related language added to I-797 approval notices �
NOTICE: Although this application/petition has been approved, DHS reserves the right to verify the information submitted in this application, petition, and/or supporting documentation to ensure conformity with applicable laws, rules, regulations, and other authorities. Methods used for verifying information may include, but are not limited to, the review of public information and records, contact by correspondence, the Internet, or telephone, and site inspections of businesses and residences. Information obtained during the course of verification will be used to determine whether revocation, rescission, and/or removal proceedings are appropriate. Applicants, petitioners, and representatives of record will be provided an opportunity to address derogatory information before any formal proceeding is initiated.
Please do not forget to contact the CBP port director to follow up on case problems at a particular port. In addition, as needed, file complaints through the CBP complaint process referenced on InfoNet. (AILA InfoNet Doc. No. 09090364).
more...

vin13
04-16 10:23 AM
Hello Attorney,
My wife received a RFE on her I-485 for missing medical test (TB test).
The deadline for responding to RFE is May 9th. She is out of the country currently and is scheduled to return on June 3rd.
Can we request an extension of time to reply to RFE based on hardship?
We just need one more month to comply with RFE.
Does USCIS normally provide extension for situations like the one above?
I took an infopass appointmnet at Baltimore and they couldn't offer a concrete answer since the case is pending with TSC. They asked me to reply to RFE asking for extension and provide supporting documents. I'm not sure if that would be accepted and results in denial of I-485.
Thanks in advance,
GCisaDawg
Can you not ask your wife to fly back early? Is there a genuine hardship.
When we had our fingerprint appointment and my wife was out of town, the attorneys said it is better not to reschedule. So she flew in before the appointment just to get the fingerprints done on time.
My wife received a RFE on her I-485 for missing medical test (TB test).
The deadline for responding to RFE is May 9th. She is out of the country currently and is scheduled to return on June 3rd.
Can we request an extension of time to reply to RFE based on hardship?
We just need one more month to comply with RFE.
Does USCIS normally provide extension for situations like the one above?
I took an infopass appointmnet at Baltimore and they couldn't offer a concrete answer since the case is pending with TSC. They asked me to reply to RFE asking for extension and provide supporting documents. I'm not sure if that would be accepted and results in denial of I-485.
Thanks in advance,
GCisaDawg
Can you not ask your wife to fly back early? Is there a genuine hardship.
When we had our fingerprint appointment and my wife was out of town, the attorneys said it is better not to reschedule. So she flew in before the appointment just to get the fingerprints done on time.
hair Tomb raider Angelina Jolie
mundada
07-17 12:50 PM
Another case pointing that in the USA only lawsuits work to achieve short term results while lobby works to achieve long term solutions.
more...
augustus
08-09 11:03 AM
Anybody with July 19th receipt date got their Check encashed? How about Receipt Notice? EB-3 India.
I am worried about checks not being cashed yet. After Aug 17th the window is closed.
I am worried about checks not being cashed yet. After Aug 17th the window is closed.
hot alongside Tomb Raider 3
Shivani
02-23 12:41 PM
Thanks for your response.
I will stay in touch & keep posting if I need more clarifications in my case.
Until then, Good Luck for me...:)
You are absolutely right, I NEED it, during this time, its so hard to find new openings. :(
Shivani.
I will stay in touch & keep posting if I need more clarifications in my case.
Until then, Good Luck for me...:)
You are absolutely right, I NEED it, during this time, its so hard to find new openings. :(
Shivani.
more...
house Angelina Jolie starred as Lara
aroranuj
08-20 11:57 PM
I would appreciate it if someone can give me some advise...I need to file my EAD renewal & refuse to pay insane amounts of money to my attorney...
Thanks!!!!
I am filing for my EAD renewal and had a quick question...I have an EAD card from when I was in college and did my OPT. The problem though is that I do not have some of the details that they ask for while filing EAD renewal, such as what Center was it processed at & what was the application date.
I have already called USCIS & they cant pull up what center my EAD was filed at or the date it was filed. Can anyone suggest what I should do in this situation? What do I put in the form? Does anyone have similar experiences?
Thanks!!!!
I am filing for my EAD renewal and had a quick question...I have an EAD card from when I was in college and did my OPT. The problem though is that I do not have some of the details that they ask for while filing EAD renewal, such as what Center was it processed at & what was the application date.
I have already called USCIS & they cant pull up what center my EAD was filed at or the date it was filed. Can anyone suggest what I should do in this situation? What do I put in the form? Does anyone have similar experiences?
tattoo Angelina Jolie Photo - Image

thomachan72
04-19 07:48 AM
Please change the color or font. Its giving the feeling of getting a slap
Please concenterate on his message. It seems very important to the person who asked the question.
Please concenterate on his message. It seems very important to the person who asked the question.
more...
pictures alongside Tomb Raider 3
mwin
12-05 04:03 PM
One of my friends with his April, 2004, EB3 PD got his 485 approved.
No wonder they usedup 30% of Visas.
No wonder they usedup 30% of Visas.
dresses says no to Tomb Raider 3
RareRFEon485
04-16 10:05 AM
Please explain how you have worked in Illinios for XYZ company( my GC sponsoring Company) living in MN,WA and TX.
This was one line description I got as RFE on my I-485.
My 140 is approved in Dec 2007. I had 1st RFE on I-485 for pay stubs and other things. This is the second RFE. I will consult good attorney. Any advise is helpful.
Also I entered US on AP and I started my own company few months back. I am still working for GC sponsoring company. If by my bad luck my 485 gets denied..what are my options? Also I have my H1 petition valid till May 2012 but I don't have it stamped. Do I need to leave the country and get it stamped?
This was one line description I got as RFE on my I-485.
My 140 is approved in Dec 2007. I had 1st RFE on I-485 for pay stubs and other things. This is the second RFE. I will consult good attorney. Any advise is helpful.
Also I entered US on AP and I started my own company few months back. I am still working for GC sponsoring company. If by my bad luck my 485 gets denied..what are my options? Also I have my H1 petition valid till May 2012 but I don't have it stamped. Do I need to leave the country and get it stamped?
more...
makeup angelina jolie quotes
popoye
08-20 02:07 AM
Or is it only for EB3
girlfriend angelina jolie tomb raider 3
ksircar
04-04 03:38 PM
Why is it still unaccessible? Are you guys experiencing the same?
http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_1360.html
Does anyone really care?
http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_1360.html
Does anyone really care?
hairstyles angelina jolie tomb raider 3.
newuser
09-15 01:11 PM
I am in
jetflyer
06-11 01:24 PM
Also depends what is the compensation for the position. As what I see normally (applies to contracting only) any job under $50/hr goes unfilled or takes longer but jobs with $80-$100 gets filled in 2-3 days and creates shortage for those.
May be because immigrants (H1 & GC) who came in around 1997-2001 have over 7+ yrs of US experience and get paid really well :D
May be because immigrants (H1 & GC) who came in around 1997-2001 have over 7+ yrs of US experience and get paid really well :D
amit1234
08-26 03:58 PM
Hi,
I looking for porting my approved EB3 labor and 140 to EB2. Here are my details:
My qualification: Diploma in electronics and communication Engg in India
(3 years diploma after 10th)
Years of experience: Since 1991 in IT (About 20 YRs)
Green card process: EB3 Approved labor and 140.
Situation: When I contacted one of the university in USA they informed me that I can
do the Masters instead of BS online degree.
My question1: Will I be eligible to file my EB2 if I do Masters without doing BS?
My question 2: Is MS from International Technological University (http://www.ITU.EDU) is accepted bu USCIS for Immigration purpose?
Thanks in advance
I looking for porting my approved EB3 labor and 140 to EB2. Here are my details:
My qualification: Diploma in electronics and communication Engg in India
(3 years diploma after 10th)
Years of experience: Since 1991 in IT (About 20 YRs)
Green card process: EB3 Approved labor and 140.
Situation: When I contacted one of the university in USA they informed me that I can
do the Masters instead of BS online degree.
My question1: Will I be eligible to file my EB2 if I do Masters without doing BS?
My question 2: Is MS from International Technological University (http://www.ITU.EDU) is accepted bu USCIS for Immigration purpose?
Thanks in advance
No comments:
Post a Comment