ns33
06-10 01:24 PM
You have the instructions since you quote them. Send exactly what they are asking for, i.e. the form, photos, copy of front and back of previous EAD and check to pay them.
I would suggest you send separate checks if only to be able to get the case number from the back of them when they are cashed.
The instructions clearly say make check payable to the Department of Homeland Security. I believe if you did write them to the USCIS they will still get cashed but follow the instructions.
You seem to have it all under control. Have confidence in yourself and get the applications sent in.
Thanks for encouragement,
It's always scary the first time. : )
Re. Check caching - just FYI, now-a-days, they copy the check, convert it to EFT and destroy the original so getting case number from copy may not work.
Also do I write A# on back of photos or something else? Any idea if there are restrictions for using pen or pencil or such?
thanks again,
NS
I would suggest you send separate checks if only to be able to get the case number from the back of them when they are cashed.
The instructions clearly say make check payable to the Department of Homeland Security. I believe if you did write them to the USCIS they will still get cashed but follow the instructions.
You seem to have it all under control. Have confidence in yourself and get the applications sent in.
Thanks for encouragement,
It's always scary the first time. : )
Re. Check caching - just FYI, now-a-days, they copy the check, convert it to EFT and destroy the original so getting case number from copy may not work.
Also do I write A# on back of photos or something else? Any idea if there are restrictions for using pen or pencil or such?
thanks again,
NS
wallpaper Many of the city
extofu
03-07 11:06 AM
You require a new H1B stamp in your passport. If you look at your existing H1B stamp - it will have the name of your company (it is not clear from your post if this is Company A or Comapny B). Once you quit the company and leave this country, you need to have new stamp. In your case, you must have H1B stamp from Company C when you enter after you leave the country (unless you are visiting Mexico or Canada - in which case you can use automatic revalidation rule - provided you are out of the country for less than 30 days).
I am not sure what will happen if you try to reenter on a H1B with old company. The POE will have some way to find out in which company u r working.
My current H1 stamp is for company A.
Based on what you wrote, would you advise me to get the stamp of company C if I have plans to change to C eventually? I know that when I will be reentering USA, I will be on the payroll for company C.
I am not sure what will happen if you try to reenter on a H1B with old company. The POE will have some way to find out in which company u r working.
My current H1 stamp is for company A.
Based on what you wrote, would you advise me to get the stamp of company C if I have plans to change to C eventually? I know that when I will be reentering USA, I will be on the payroll for company C.
payur
08-09 01:45 PM
It is your passport number
See his/her post, this is the first post. If you are not sure why confuse others, you can always say that you are not sure, why on earth did you think it was passport number?:eek:
See his/her post, this is the first post. If you are not sure why confuse others, you can always say that you are not sure, why on earth did you think it was passport number?:eek:
2011 cities in Spain 1971-2000
beautifulMind
07-16 03:55 PM
No it is the same company
more...
laborchic
01-20 02:33 PM
Superb new look... IV gets a facelift along with the nation..
:)
:)
glus
02-27 09:13 AM
Ok, since your GC has been approved, it is not true you need to wait 180 days. There is nothing in the law that says that. What is true is something different. When you received your GC through your employer, the presumption is that you will remain with this employer for a long time to come as it was a permanent job offer position. Of course, under some circumstances, it is possible you can't work for the same employer any longer; for instance, the company is closing etc. But, if you receive a GC and you voluntarily leave your employer immediately or after a few months, you MAY have issues during naturalization. At that time your application can be scrutinized whether or not you really was going to work for the employer who sponsored you. I've seen this happening several times. If you left voluntarily after a short period of time, the USCIS may say it was fraud and you never intended to work for your sponsor. So, in general, it is advisable to remain with the original sponsor for some time. Some attorneys say 1 year is enough, some say 2 years is enough and some say 6 months is enough. It is up to you. The law does not specify what the period is, but be logical and careful about this. You can hold 5 jobs, but I would suggest to stay with your current employer for as long as possible. Think forward, and not backward.
Hope this makes sense.
Hope this makes sense.
more...
desi3933
06-22 08:23 AM
I-485 can be rejected if filed with incomplete initial evidence.
Folks, it is the time for us to be more careful than even to make sure that our lawyer files I-485 correctly. With there mistake, we can really get screwed up. All they can say one word “Sorry”.
It happened to me while filing for H-1 extension, I got only one year extension, based on Labor pending whereas my I-140 was approved at that time, they refilled at no cost to me with 3 year extension.
Here in I-485, refilling will not be possible, since by the time we get the receipt notice, the date might have moved back already.
Agree.
Initial Evidence for I-485 includes
1. Copy of approved I-140 (or concurrent filing or I-140 receipt)
2. Employment Letter (for GC job)
3. Proof that person is maintaining valid status in USA since last entry in USA
Not a legal advice
----------------------------------
Permanent Resident since May 2002
Folks, it is the time for us to be more careful than even to make sure that our lawyer files I-485 correctly. With there mistake, we can really get screwed up. All they can say one word “Sorry”.
It happened to me while filing for H-1 extension, I got only one year extension, based on Labor pending whereas my I-140 was approved at that time, they refilled at no cost to me with 3 year extension.
Here in I-485, refilling will not be possible, since by the time we get the receipt notice, the date might have moved back already.
Agree.
Initial Evidence for I-485 includes
1. Copy of approved I-140 (or concurrent filing or I-140 receipt)
2. Employment Letter (for GC job)
3. Proof that person is maintaining valid status in USA since last entry in USA
Not a legal advice
----------------------------------
Permanent Resident since May 2002
2010 Heritage Cities of Spain
rghrdr777
05-28 08:08 AM
I got my renewal EAD from TSC last week. It starts from the expiry of my current EAD.
more...
sparky_jones
05-20 01:26 PM
"We are beneficiaries of an EB3 petition"
Isn't that the biggest issue with several of us! :)
Isn't that the biggest issue with several of us! :)
hair 35 Beautiful City Photos
whitecollarslave
03-20 08:38 PM
Why you wanna get arrested :D
Can you explain how/why a peaceful rally and/or a fast will get somebody arrested?
Can you explain how/why a peaceful rally and/or a fast will get somebody arrested?
more...

pa_arora
09-20 05:19 PM
How does that help us?
hot The capital city of Spain is
vts31
09-22 03:00 PM
photoshop is amazing.,.... but if your an artist...like the way painter outputs is really intuitive...the only problem is it has a lot of like variable parts that can seem overwhelming. plus i hate how photoshop doesnt have an add water option like painter. that thing kicks so much ***. I think its a good idea to have both.
more...
house major cities across Spain,
GCard_Dream
12-01 11:13 AM
I guess the main part of the question and my concern is not only EAD but actually the ability to change career/employer as you feel necessary without having to re-start the whole GC process, which you have to do now if you have a 140 approved and wish to change company. You now will probably argue that the first 2 steps are employer driven and an employers don't have to let you use employer sponsored 140 if you change company which may make sense from a employer point of view but for employees it's back to square one. It's like the USCIS and employers ganging up against you to make sure that you can't change employer without having to start everything all over again. Is that really fair? Well.. who said life is fair. :)
The core team has alrady addressed this issue before : try doing a search. The summary goes something like this - First, EAD cards cannot be given out arbitrarily. Apparently, the law mandates very specific circumstances for which an work authorization (EAD) can be given out : for example, a student on OPT. We wouldn't meet this criteria before a visa number is available for adjustment of status to permanent resident - not unless the law is changed by congress. Secondly, EAD, as it stands now, is meant to be a strictly interim permit. The USCIS ombudsman's report has already objected strongly to the phenomenon of people who are ultimately found ineligible for permanent residence enjoying the benefits of an EAD for extended periods due to processing delays. In such circumstances, it is not realistic to expect that USCIS, on its own accord, will start doling out EADs like seasons' greetings cards.
The core team has alrady addressed this issue before : try doing a search. The summary goes something like this - First, EAD cards cannot be given out arbitrarily. Apparently, the law mandates very specific circumstances for which an work authorization (EAD) can be given out : for example, a student on OPT. We wouldn't meet this criteria before a visa number is available for adjustment of status to permanent resident - not unless the law is changed by congress. Secondly, EAD, as it stands now, is meant to be a strictly interim permit. The USCIS ombudsman's report has already objected strongly to the phenomenon of people who are ultimately found ineligible for permanent residence enjoying the benefits of an EAD for extended periods due to processing delays. In such circumstances, it is not realistic to expect that USCIS, on its own accord, will start doling out EADs like seasons' greetings cards.
tattoo The 12-city tour of Spain
rani77
02-06 12:03 PM
Hi Friends - I work at a university and have been with them for 4 years. My boss plans on giving my a 10-12% mid-year pay increase. But our HR says that H1 workers are not eligible for mid-year pay hikes..?? IS THAT TRUE.?
Is there a INS rule that somebody can point me to which i can forward to my boss/HR which mentions that there is no pay increase issue with H1 visa holders..I searched on USCIS, DOL, etc..cannot find anything.
Can somebody please help!
Thanks in advace.!
What your HR seems to suggest it is not logical,USCIS erstwhile INS do not dicate HR polices.This seems more like your univertisty's supposed HR policy or HR peron not literate about the immgration rules and regulation. As many have suggested i have not come across any instance what you mentioned. My spouse is on h1 with a very big company and he has been getting hikes every year in acceptable ranges what was menioned in his offer letter. Some are in mid year based on performance of the tasks he carried out succesfully.
Is there a INS rule that somebody can point me to which i can forward to my boss/HR which mentions that there is no pay increase issue with H1 visa holders..I searched on USCIS, DOL, etc..cannot find anything.
Can somebody please help!
Thanks in advace.!
What your HR seems to suggest it is not logical,USCIS erstwhile INS do not dicate HR polices.This seems more like your univertisty's supposed HR policy or HR peron not literate about the immgration rules and regulation. As many have suggested i have not come across any instance what you mentioned. My spouse is on h1 with a very big company and he has been getting hikes every year in acceptable ranges what was menioned in his offer letter. Some are in mid year based on performance of the tasks he carried out succesfully.
more...
pictures The capital city of Spain is
pointlesswait
05-01 09:28 AM
if u change ur job using H1 transfer..so does it mean ...he has to restart his GC all over again?? ok i am little confused here..
> if he choses to use EAD..his wife will be oout of status..so its bad
> if he chooses to transfer using H1..what happens to his EAD???
I believe AC21 is for shifting employers on EAD after 180 days of I-485.
> if he choses to use EAD..his wife will be oout of status..so its bad
> if he chooses to transfer using H1..what happens to his EAD???
I believe AC21 is for shifting employers on EAD after 180 days of I-485.
dresses Jaén is a city in Spain at
andy garcia
12-21 01:20 PM
I want to be more specific. I have a full time job. I'd like to setup a business LLC to get some contract works. For tax benefit, I can deduct some business cost with it.
To setup a business LLC you do not even need to be in the US
To setup a business LLC you do not even need to be in the US
more...
makeup any other city in Spain,

map_boiler
08-11 03:28 PM
Congrats bluez25!
Guys,
I got my approval today after the CP appointment. I am still waiting for my passports though. I will update you guys with details once I receive my passports.
Guys,
I got my approval today after the CP appointment. I am still waiting for my passports though. I will update you guys with details once I receive my passports.
girlfriend Santander is a city in Spain
hemanth22
07-10 09:43 AM
I feel there is no better country than India in the long run..believe me!!!
thats correct , india is booming right now and it will only go up
So i think that even if we succeed in getting the green card , we should always have one option to going back.
thats correct , india is booming right now and it will only go up
So i think that even if we succeed in getting the green card , we should always have one option to going back.
hairstyles largest city of Spain next
sankap
07-20 01:47 PM
If we register our marriage in the US, say, today, wouldn't that conflict with the marriage affidavits we submitted for H4 etc? Those bear the wedding's original date.
EdenMN
07-18 09:38 AM
Thanks to IV core team and all members who are contributing for its success
coopheal
12-09 07:31 AM
Bump
No comments:
Post a Comment