Ramba
07-29 12:55 PM
He did ask me who filed for the GC so he knew mine was EB case.
Elaine,
Is there any document on USCIS website that clearly states that EB AP holder's can visit outside US and return without need of emergency?
thanks,
If you see the instruction of form I-131, it clearly says AP is an exdraodinary measure and should be sparingly used, for emergency purpose (page 1). AP can not be used to by pass the visa or visa issuance process. It clearly says that if AP is based on pending I-485, then the travel should be for family emergency and bonafide business purpose (page 3).
As because, USCIS/CBP is flexible for AP admission it does not mean that the rules are flexible. If the CBP agents at POE wants to flex their muscles they can deny the admission of AP holder, if they found the travel was not an emergency or a bonafide bussiness travel.
http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-131instr.pdf
Elaine,
Is there any document on USCIS website that clearly states that EB AP holder's can visit outside US and return without need of emergency?
thanks,
If you see the instruction of form I-131, it clearly says AP is an exdraodinary measure and should be sparingly used, for emergency purpose (page 1). AP can not be used to by pass the visa or visa issuance process. It clearly says that if AP is based on pending I-485, then the travel should be for family emergency and bonafide business purpose (page 3).
As because, USCIS/CBP is flexible for AP admission it does not mean that the rules are flexible. If the CBP agents at POE wants to flex their muscles they can deny the admission of AP holder, if they found the travel was not an emergency or a bonafide bussiness travel.
http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/I-131instr.pdf
wallpaper Globe Theatre cartoon 2
phantomias
10-27 02:57 AM
I have the same problem which zico described at below and I submitted my I-20 for an h1B amendment. It starts before my grace period time ends up.
My question is my amendment is still on pending process since September 17th. Will I be out of status if the school or I cancel my I-20 BEFORE the result of pending process of my H1B amendment?( Am I safe since I already passed October 1st?)
Second question is:Can I do an H1B transfer to another company in such a situation?
Thanks a lot for all help!!
My lawyer received my H1B approval in the mail yesterday. Online status said approved on 15th. But lawyer said that I will have to pick it up from India. Otherwise I'll have to file an amendment. I am guessing it is form I-797B (no I-94)
Anyone else in similar situation with any information?
Case:
* Regular quota (65k) Premium processing @ VSC
* Receipt date: April 9th (via email)
* Approved: April 15th (checked online status)
* Lawyer received mail approval on April 18th (US Postal Mail)
* Planning on taking Kaplan course from June - September which can be extended till Oct
My question is my amendment is still on pending process since September 17th. Will I be out of status if the school or I cancel my I-20 BEFORE the result of pending process of my H1B amendment?( Am I safe since I already passed October 1st?)
Second question is:Can I do an H1B transfer to another company in such a situation?
Thanks a lot for all help!!
My lawyer received my H1B approval in the mail yesterday. Online status said approved on 15th. But lawyer said that I will have to pick it up from India. Otherwise I'll have to file an amendment. I am guessing it is form I-797B (no I-94)
Anyone else in similar situation with any information?
Case:
* Regular quota (65k) Premium processing @ VSC
* Receipt date: April 9th (via email)
* Approved: April 15th (checked online status)
* Lawyer received mail approval on April 18th (US Postal Mail)
* Planning on taking Kaplan course from June - September which can be extended till Oct
pappu
04-10 11:55 AM
Please update your profile with details so that it can be helpful to everyone tracking the success
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/profile.php?do=editprofile
on IV tracker
http://immigrationvoice.org/index.php?option=com_tracker&Itemid=63
IV members are requested to update their profile with valid dates so that we can make IV tracker helpful for everyone.
I have personally decided to make this request to everyone who does not have their details completed and only then respond to the member. If a member has bogus data in their profile for tracking purposes I would not be replying to that post. This might help encourage members wanting replies from IV core team for their questions.
http://immigrationvoice.org/forum/profile.php?do=editprofile
on IV tracker
http://immigrationvoice.org/index.php?option=com_tracker&Itemid=63
IV members are requested to update their profile with valid dates so that we can make IV tracker helpful for everyone.
I have personally decided to make this request to everyone who does not have their details completed and only then respond to the member. If a member has bogus data in their profile for tracking purposes I would not be replying to that post. This might help encourage members wanting replies from IV core team for their questions.
2011 The original Globe Theatre
H1B-GC-NY
03-10 05:16 PM
Any I140 recent approvals regarding 3 years degree Education RFE?
more...
pa_arora
12-03 05:45 PM
Don't get excited too soon :)
I saw the following message when I logged into the USCIS case tracking system.
* Note on "Last Updated" date:
Your case may have a new "Last Updated" date and you may receive an Email Notification of your case being updated, without the status of the case changing. This is due to internal USCIS processing being performed on your Case. This will be reflected in the "Last Updated" date, but may not result in a different status message.
lol...where do u see excitement in my post? i know its atleast a year for me to see some green.
I saw the following message when I logged into the USCIS case tracking system.
* Note on "Last Updated" date:
Your case may have a new "Last Updated" date and you may receive an Email Notification of your case being updated, without the status of the case changing. This is due to internal USCIS processing being performed on your Case. This will be reflected in the "Last Updated" date, but may not result in a different status message.
lol...where do u see excitement in my post? i know its atleast a year for me to see some green.
lj_rr
07-30 01:36 AM
Can someone post details about which Service Center to send the 485 papers - Nebraska or Texas?
It is based on employer location or employee location?
Link to a USCIS article or something else will be extremely helpful.
Sorry, if this is a repost. I searched but could not find anything.
It is based on employer location or employee location?
Link to a USCIS article or something else will be extremely helpful.
Sorry, if this is a repost. I searched but could not find anything.
more...
amsaleem
11-07 07:42 PM
Your current employer experience has to be prior to your labor filing date (PD). You can not use the experience you got after the filing date.
2010 Globe Theatre
scabal12
06-12 06:59 PM
Also my H1-B is valid till 2011.
more...
husamymd
12-30 01:58 PM
Let me put my 2 cents worth. I am one of the members who would be able to contribute $500. Not sure if I can do it on a recurring basis. But you guys wanted to identify the initial group and here I am. Hope that helps
hair Shakespeare#39;s Globe Theatre
radhay
08-05 11:50 AM
Hi, I wouldn't bank on what officer says as it is not binding. You need valid AP to enter US and there should be no confusion about it.
You should take Employment verification letter and latest stubs although it is not 'required'. I believe your July 20th paystub should be sufficient but if you have access to your latest electronic paystubs(ADP website) it is not a bad idea to print them out. Otherwise don 't bother.
Hi
I read in one the post here at Immigrationvoice.com
a person travelled on AP and he got I94 longer than current AP expiry date . And he asked officer can he use current AP before I 94 expire. And he got answer Yes.
But I am not sure whether it is true or not alway check with Attorny for the same.
On other post, is it required to have paystubs while travelling?
I have my last pay stub was July 20th 09 and planning to go on vacation on Aug 20 and coming back in Sep th. What I'm missing is immediate pay stubs, is it required to have same?
Thanks,
You should take Employment verification letter and latest stubs although it is not 'required'. I believe your July 20th paystub should be sufficient but if you have access to your latest electronic paystubs(ADP website) it is not a bad idea to print them out. Otherwise don 't bother.
Hi
I read in one the post here at Immigrationvoice.com
a person travelled on AP and he got I94 longer than current AP expiry date . And he asked officer can he use current AP before I 94 expire. And he got answer Yes.
But I am not sure whether it is true or not alway check with Attorny for the same.
On other post, is it required to have paystubs while travelling?
I have my last pay stub was July 20th 09 and planning to go on vacation on Aug 20 and coming back in Sep th. What I'm missing is immediate pay stubs, is it required to have same?
Thanks,
more...
satishku_2000
05-04 02:22 PM
I had a rfe on my 140. About a degree from Bombay University. After the reply within 48 hours my case was approved.
Hey pete
when did u file your case , is it EB2 or EB3 reg or prem? Mine was filed on sep 19th EB3 regular still waiting.
I am concerned about RFE response time change USCIS is planning now ...
Hey pete
when did u file your case , is it EB2 or EB3 reg or prem? Mine was filed on sep 19th EB3 regular still waiting.
I am concerned about RFE response time change USCIS is planning now ...
hot Shakespeare#39;s Globe Theatre
indianabacklog
06-10 01:45 PM
Thanks for encouragement,
It's always scary the first time. : )
Re. Check caching - just FYI, now-a-days, they copy the check, convert it to EFT and destroy the original so getting case number from copy may not work.
Also do I write A# on back of photos or something else? Any idea if there are restrictions for using pen or pencil or such?
thanks again,
NS
I did not get the case number from the hard copy but the electronic copy which I can access from my online account information.
I did write my husbands A# on the back of the photo in pencil if I remember rightly but just so that it did not push through the imprint on the photo itself.
Believe in yourself. I filed both mine and my spouse's adjustment of status packet myself and we have our green cards without any requests for evidence. If you have read the instructions and followed them, filled all the blank spaces in on the form and supplied all the other documents etc that are needed you are doing fine. If the USCIS needs anything else they will ask for it.
It's always scary the first time. : )
Re. Check caching - just FYI, now-a-days, they copy the check, convert it to EFT and destroy the original so getting case number from copy may not work.
Also do I write A# on back of photos or something else? Any idea if there are restrictions for using pen or pencil or such?
thanks again,
NS
I did not get the case number from the hard copy but the electronic copy which I can access from my online account information.
I did write my husbands A# on the back of the photo in pencil if I remember rightly but just so that it did not push through the imprint on the photo itself.
Believe in yourself. I filed both mine and my spouse's adjustment of status packet myself and we have our green cards without any requests for evidence. If you have read the instructions and followed them, filled all the blank spaces in on the form and supplied all the other documents etc that are needed you are doing fine. If the USCIS needs anything else they will ask for it.
more...
house at Shakespeare#39;s Globe
manishcp
06-02 08:08 AM
http://resources.alibaba.com/topic/345323/Make_your_own_passport_photos_with_photoshop_.htm
tattoo by M.Torres england464:
krishna_brc
02-05 11:02 AM
i filed my labor 7 years ago as a programmer, today i am a project manager. I have changed job using ac21 twice, did not inform uscis even once (as its not reqd by law). I am in eb3 india and I have no hopes that uscis will ever get to my application, and even if they did after 5 years from now, I dont care if they issue an RFE and deny my 485 all together. Point I am trying to say is , you cannot spoil your career waiting for this. I changed my job exactly on 6 months and one day after i filed 485. past 2 years i am a PM. I am pretty confident that I would have had atleast 5 years PM experience by the time they reach my application or even more time. After all I want to go back to my home country pretty soon and so did not want to care about all this job title, description etc crap..this is just me..use your own instincts.
Well said eb3retro.
I totally agree with you.
Well said eb3retro.
I totally agree with you.
more...
pictures Shakespeare#39;s Globe Theatre
Marphad
02-25 08:38 AM
The title of this thread should be: "God of Cricket".
Don't believe me... Just Google (http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&source=hp&q=God+of+Cricket&aq=f&aqi=g1g-m2&aql=&oq=) with these words.:)
Agreed.
Don't believe me... Just Google (http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&source=hp&q=God+of+Cricket&aq=f&aqi=g1g-m2&aql=&oq=) with these words.:)
Agreed.
dresses at Shakespeare#39;s Globe
neelu
09-15 12:05 PM
Thanks for your response, FromNaija.
I do have an approved I-140 based on the RIR PD. I will update my first post with that info.
I know that USCIS should interfile the two cases. My question is, how to find out if that happened and if not done what can be done to ensure that?
Also, has anyone gotten similar messages like "your case has been prepared for review"? I have searched this forum but could not find anything about it.
Any thoughts/comments are appreciated.
If you have an approved I-140 based on your RIR PD, then yes you could ask to be accorded the earlier priority date. If not, you cannot ask for the earlier priority date on the basis of an approved LC alone.
I do have an approved I-140 based on the RIR PD. I will update my first post with that info.
I know that USCIS should interfile the two cases. My question is, how to find out if that happened and if not done what can be done to ensure that?
Also, has anyone gotten similar messages like "your case has been prepared for review"? I have searched this forum but could not find anything about it.
Any thoughts/comments are appreciated.
If you have an approved I-140 based on your RIR PD, then yes you could ask to be accorded the earlier priority date. If not, you cannot ask for the earlier priority date on the basis of an approved LC alone.
more...
makeup The original Globe Theatre was
eb3India
04-26 06:12 PM
Many senators particularly republicans did know that last Year CIR has no chance of getting thru the house, since it was election year they tested water and did a favourable thing mainly to gain latino's vote, However this year is different, Democrats controles house and senate, none of the republicans want to give credit of passing CIR to democrates, McCain backed off as he was running for President and siding on Iraq war is good enough for him to defend popularity contest.
This year entirly depends on Bush administration backdoor negotiation, if he was able to get 70 Republicans there is good chance Nancy Pelocy will table the bill for debate, otherwise we have no chance in hell
This year entirly depends on Bush administration backdoor negotiation, if he was able to get 70 Republicans there is good chance Nancy Pelocy will table the bill for debate, otherwise we have no chance in hell
girlfriend Shakespeare Globe theatre
martinvisalaw
01-11 03:52 PM
I was under the impression you could apply for PR from and L1A, I am confused with your reply, why can we not apply for PR from an L1A? If the processing times are shorter then maybe it could be processed before our visa expiration.
Your can apply for PR while in L-1A status, however if the L-1A expires before you have reached the 3rd step, you need to leave the US. That's why it would have been better to change to H-1B, so that the nonimmigrant status could be extended while the PR process was pending. Even if he is EB-2, it will take at least a year, and much longer if you and your husband were born in or China, before you can file the 3rd step.
Your can apply for PR while in L-1A status, however if the L-1A expires before you have reached the 3rd step, you need to leave the US. That's why it would have been better to change to H-1B, so that the nonimmigrant status could be extended while the PR process was pending. Even if he is EB-2, it will take at least a year, and much longer if you and your husband were born in or China, before you can file the 3rd step.
hairstyles by the Globe Theatre
StuckInTheMuck
05-04 04:54 PM
I thought same as you..and I was like what, now a query(RFE) on air travel? :)
Changed the title - better now?:) Unfortunately it does not show up where it matters (in the list of "Recent Forum Posts")
Changed the title - better now?:) Unfortunately it does not show up where it matters (in the list of "Recent Forum Posts")
jonty_11
02-19 12:32 PM
As per immigration-law.com..Senate may work on CIR in March 07 and hand it over to House by APril 07....House may however sit on it for years on end...
02/18/2007: Need for Immigration Reform and Concerns with Growing Gridlock in Legislations in the Congress
The Democrats launched a new Congress with aggressive platforms and legislative agenda on January 4, 2007. Madame Pelosi of the House set the first 100-hour legislative agenda and the Senate Majority Leader, Harry Reid presented on the Senate floor ten legislative bills as top priority for the first few months of the Senate.
However, immersed in the party politics, the Congress left the Hill yesterday, Saturday, for a week long break without achieving a lot because of the gridlock it had faced in the Congress. Samo, Samo Washington politics involving the Republicans and Democrats. It practically means that the Congress wll not resume the active legislative activities until March 2007.
S. 9, the Comprehensive Immigration Reform bill, adopted by the Senate floor, is in the Judiciary Committee of the Senate. The newly elected Chairman of the Judiciary Committee, Sen. Leahy, reportedly set the CIR as one of the top agenda of the Judiciary Committee for March 2007 and the Democratic leaders reportedly determined to pass the CIR by April 2007 and quickly send it over to the House for its prompt action. How beautiful the agenda of the new Congress.
We want to watch carefully how closely the leaders of the House and Senate will follow through the agenda. In a way, from the perspectives of this immigration legislation agenda, we are relieved that the Congress was over with the most serious road block to the Congress, to wit, rebuke of Bush's resurge in Iraq.
02/18/2007: Need for Immigration Reform and Concerns with Growing Gridlock in Legislations in the Congress
The Democrats launched a new Congress with aggressive platforms and legislative agenda on January 4, 2007. Madame Pelosi of the House set the first 100-hour legislative agenda and the Senate Majority Leader, Harry Reid presented on the Senate floor ten legislative bills as top priority for the first few months of the Senate.
However, immersed in the party politics, the Congress left the Hill yesterday, Saturday, for a week long break without achieving a lot because of the gridlock it had faced in the Congress. Samo, Samo Washington politics involving the Republicans and Democrats. It practically means that the Congress wll not resume the active legislative activities until March 2007.
S. 9, the Comprehensive Immigration Reform bill, adopted by the Senate floor, is in the Judiciary Committee of the Senate. The newly elected Chairman of the Judiciary Committee, Sen. Leahy, reportedly set the CIR as one of the top agenda of the Judiciary Committee for March 2007 and the Democratic leaders reportedly determined to pass the CIR by April 2007 and quickly send it over to the House for its prompt action. How beautiful the agenda of the new Congress.
We want to watch carefully how closely the leaders of the House and Senate will follow through the agenda. In a way, from the perspectives of this immigration legislation agenda, we are relieved that the Congress was over with the most serious road block to the Congress, to wit, rebuke of Bush's resurge in Iraq.
vali
11-14 11:53 AM
I just received all the receipts for I-140/I-485/I765/I-131 from TSC.
As some stupid questions:
- I noticed a number above my name: A0xx xxx xxx. Is this an alien number?
- If so please someone explain since I have my PD on 04/24/2001 I never noticed this number (I might be wrong). It is something good or bad or what this number mean?
- Also, just to have an idea, after all are approved (hopefully without unexpected delays) how long until I have that plastic card GC in my hand?
- any small clue will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
As some stupid questions:
- I noticed a number above my name: A0xx xxx xxx. Is this an alien number?
- If so please someone explain since I have my PD on 04/24/2001 I never noticed this number (I might be wrong). It is something good or bad or what this number mean?
- Also, just to have an idea, after all are approved (hopefully without unexpected delays) how long until I have that plastic card GC in my hand?
- any small clue will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
No comments:
Post a Comment