adi787
08-30 09:18 PM
hey guys..
I heard uscis is introducing new procedure for LC. any one knows any details.
I heard uscis is introducing new procedure for LC. any one knows any details.
wallpaper 2007-2009 Nissan Versa Angel
mariner5555
04-03 04:09 PM
Hi,
My husband and my EAD and AP renewal time is approaching. We were thinking to do it ourselves but we don't know how to do it.
Could you please guide us in self filing?
a) Is there E- renewals? What about photographs for such renewals?
b) What documents are required for renewing?
c) Where can we find information regarding EAD and AP renewals?
Please help us. Thank you very much.
Regards,
Augustus.
o.k ..here is the link
http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=73ddd59cb7a5d010VgnVCM10000048f3d6a1RCR D&vgnextchannel=db029c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1 RCRD
let me ask something related ..guys please reply.
which is better - using efile or by sending the application by mail ?
if sending it by mail - do you have to go for fingerprinting ??
I guess - if we efile, then we have to go for FP ..gurus ..please reply Thanks in advance !!
My husband and my EAD and AP renewal time is approaching. We were thinking to do it ourselves but we don't know how to do it.
Could you please guide us in self filing?
a) Is there E- renewals? What about photographs for such renewals?
b) What documents are required for renewing?
c) Where can we find information regarding EAD and AP renewals?
Please help us. Thank you very much.
Regards,
Augustus.
o.k ..here is the link
http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=73ddd59cb7a5d010VgnVCM10000048f3d6a1RCR D&vgnextchannel=db029c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1 RCRD
let me ask something related ..guys please reply.
which is better - using efile or by sending the application by mail ?
if sending it by mail - do you have to go for fingerprinting ??
I guess - if we efile, then we have to go for FP ..gurus ..please reply Thanks in advance !!
rgpr
03-29 08:42 AM
During my first entry to the US I had been on an F1 visa for my MS studies. I took an OPT corresponding to this level of education and had a COS to H1B within the US (academia, quota exempt). I never had this H1B stamped in my passport as I never left the country.
In order to pursue my PhD, I had another COS from H1B-F1 within the US. This time I had a 221g invoked on my application but it was cleared and I could re-enter US. So I am in my first year and due to some reasons I would like to discontinue the program and go back to work.
I may get employed by either academia or industry. The October 1st start date would correspond to the industry job whereas there would be no such start date for an academic job.
I will surely not quit PhD but wait for an employment opportunity and to have my COS to H1B approved within the US. In the interim can I register for 1 credit over the summer and fall semester respectively in order to remain in full-time student status?
Any other thoughts on the wait time around the COS period?
In order to pursue my PhD, I had another COS from H1B-F1 within the US. This time I had a 221g invoked on my application but it was cleared and I could re-enter US. So I am in my first year and due to some reasons I would like to discontinue the program and go back to work.
I may get employed by either academia or industry. The October 1st start date would correspond to the industry job whereas there would be no such start date for an academic job.
I will surely not quit PhD but wait for an employment opportunity and to have my COS to H1B approved within the US. In the interim can I register for 1 credit over the summer and fall semester respectively in order to remain in full-time student status?
Any other thoughts on the wait time around the COS period?
2011 2009 Nissan Versa 1.6 Sedan
Bytes4Lunch
04-09 03:16 PM
My H1B visa stamping application finally got approved after 2 months at the Mumbai consulate. But I travelled back on the AP a month back as my employer started getting impatient.
I have received an email from them asking to submit the passport for stamping as the administrative processing on the application is completed.
I am planning to write back to them that I no longer need a visa stamp for travel as I travelled back on the AP. Would this be a bad idea ?
Has anyone withdrawn their H1B visa stamping application before ?
Appreciate any information on this.
I have received an email from them asking to submit the passport for stamping as the administrative processing on the application is completed.
I am planning to write back to them that I no longer need a visa stamp for travel as I travelled back on the AP. Would this be a bad idea ?
Has anyone withdrawn their H1B visa stamping application before ?
Appreciate any information on this.
more...
s416504
02-24 03:05 PM
I think best thing to apply your GC as soon as possible. You are running out of time if you need to move to Employer B. For GC, you don't have to join B. If A can apply EB1 then very good but make sure it's big company. My EB1 denied because small orgnisation & then I applied my EB3 thru diff employer.
Nagireddi
11-27 10:52 PM
What's the heck.What happened? Who gave me the red? Did I piss off anybody?
more...
rheoretro
09-13 03:40 PM
Please stop complaining, multiple posting of same greivance and try to do something constructive - I have been waiting for more than 5 years now too, and as frustrated as I am, I do not feel complaining will get me anywhere.
Folks, I agree that while complaining and venting are therapeutic, they are only good up to a certain point. Don't just vent on these forums. Vent, but also try and do something constructive - help recruit new members, help raise funds for UIV, talk to your bosses at work and friends who are US citizens, and make them aware of what LEGAL immigrants who are stuck in backlogs and limboland are going through. Have them write their congressmen and senators and tell them to do something about this situation.
Venting is a good first step, but we'll all need to be more constructive than this.
Folks, I agree that while complaining and venting are therapeutic, they are only good up to a certain point. Don't just vent on these forums. Vent, but also try and do something constructive - help recruit new members, help raise funds for UIV, talk to your bosses at work and friends who are US citizens, and make them aware of what LEGAL immigrants who are stuck in backlogs and limboland are going through. Have them write their congressmen and senators and tell them to do something about this situation.
Venting is a good first step, but we'll all need to be more constructive than this.
2010 2009 Nissan Versa : Photo:
qasleuth
06-03 04:36 PM
If you are on H1B then your status is not AOS, IT IS H1B. When you do not extend your visa status and get onto EAD or your dependents' H4 expires without EAD, then the status becomes AOS in which case you need AP to travel.
I hope I am reading this incorrectly. Is USCIS now saying that any applicant on AOS must obtain an AP for travel, even if they are on H1B... The post above me is infintely correct if this is the case.. I hope I am wrong in my interpretation
U.S.* Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) reminds individuals that they "must" obtain Advance Parole from USCIS before traveling abroad if they have:
* been granted Temporary Protected Status (TPS);
* "a pending application for adjustment of status to lawful permanent resident;"
* a pending application for relief under section 203 of the Nicaraguan Adjustment and Central American Relief Act (NACARA 203);
* a pending asylum application; or
* a pending application for legalization.*
I hope I am reading this incorrectly. Is USCIS now saying that any applicant on AOS must obtain an AP for travel, even if they are on H1B... The post above me is infintely correct if this is the case.. I hope I am wrong in my interpretation
U.S.* Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) reminds individuals that they "must" obtain Advance Parole from USCIS before traveling abroad if they have:
* been granted Temporary Protected Status (TPS);
* "a pending application for adjustment of status to lawful permanent resident;"
* a pending application for relief under section 203 of the Nicaraguan Adjustment and Central American Relief Act (NACARA 203);
* a pending asylum application; or
* a pending application for legalization.*
more...
spicy_guy
08-05 01:35 PM
It auto-converts all H1Bs and EADs into Green Cards effective immediately. :)
Nice! :D The no need to go through GC process, Labor, 140, etc. Just H1 is enough to get GC. ;-)
Nice! :D The no need to go through GC process, Labor, 140, etc. Just H1 is enough to get GC. ;-)
hair 2009 NISSAN VERSA SL HATCHBACK
authrd
07-26 08:05 PM
My attorney asked for all prior H1 or L1 approval notices. I told him I don't have them. I only have my current H1 approval notice. I do have all visa stamps on my passport. He told me USCIS is very likely to ask for those.
more...
gc_chahiye
02-10 06:13 PM
Take a look at this link. As per this, 2010 is the timeline promised by USCIS to clear all backlogs.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080209/ap_on_go_pr_wh/immigration_backlogs
USCIS has been playing around with the definition of backlog... I believe the recent changes indicate that from now on only approvable cases will be considered a part of backlog. Meaning:
- if your PD is not current, or
- if your namecheck has started and is pending for <180 days
your case does not even count as a backlogged case... When they say they'll clear backlogs by 2010 what they mean is all approvable cases (PD current and Namecheck either clear or 180 days old) will be approved within the published timeframes (12-18 months for I-485).
For people stuck in retrogression such backlog reduction efforts have almost no meaning...
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080209/ap_on_go_pr_wh/immigration_backlogs
USCIS has been playing around with the definition of backlog... I believe the recent changes indicate that from now on only approvable cases will be considered a part of backlog. Meaning:
- if your PD is not current, or
- if your namecheck has started and is pending for <180 days
your case does not even count as a backlogged case... When they say they'll clear backlogs by 2010 what they mean is all approvable cases (PD current and Namecheck either clear or 180 days old) will be approved within the published timeframes (12-18 months for I-485).
For people stuck in retrogression such backlog reduction efforts have almost no meaning...
hot Nissan Versa 1,6 2009
raj2007
04-07 07:11 PM
Hi,
I submitted my 485 in julyEven i applied for my wife too.....we both got EAD, AP...She left to India...we have problems and we may seperate each other...So not sure when we get divorce because of outdated Indian marriage laws...Are there going to be any problems when they are adjudicating my 485 application? Her FP done and she got AP until Sep 2008...Now what will happen if USCIS sends out an FP notice for my wife...She won't be doing finger printing...Is it going effect my GC in anyway?
Your case is not simple as it seems.You need to inform USCIS as you have filed I-134 to support her and you will leagally responsible for next 10 years, but in that case you will be away from daughter.
Best to reconcile if that's possible.
I submitted my 485 in julyEven i applied for my wife too.....we both got EAD, AP...She left to India...we have problems and we may seperate each other...So not sure when we get divorce because of outdated Indian marriage laws...Are there going to be any problems when they are adjudicating my 485 application? Her FP done and she got AP until Sep 2008...Now what will happen if USCIS sends out an FP notice for my wife...She won't be doing finger printing...Is it going effect my GC in anyway?
Your case is not simple as it seems.You need to inform USCIS as you have filed I-134 to support her and you will leagally responsible for next 10 years, but in that case you will be away from daughter.
Best to reconcile if that's possible.
more...
house MY 2009 NISSAN VERSA 1.8 Sport
neeidd
09-19 03:28 PM
Just wondering how did you get info from USCIS about your FP notice?
Because, I have got the receipt and when I called USCIS for my FP appointment (Called cust serv then 1,2,2,6,2,2,1), she said My info is entered into the system and they will send anything in mail. But she did not tell me whether there is FP appointment for me or not? How you do ask for that or do I have to go to level 2 cust serv rep?
Could you please advice!
Thanks
Because, I have got the receipt and when I called USCIS for my FP appointment (Called cust serv then 1,2,2,6,2,2,1), she said My info is entered into the system and they will send anything in mail. But she did not tell me whether there is FP appointment for me or not? How you do ask for that or do I have to go to level 2 cust serv rep?
Could you please advice!
Thanks
tattoo Nissan versa 2009 michigan
ssingh92
03-05 11:33 PM
People,
What does this mean? I am not too strong regarding finances, so asking.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20090305/pl_afp/financeeconomyusbankinggovernment
Does it mean there wont be insurance on our bank deposits if this happens?
I forget the site the FDIC lists the trouble banks that may fail. You bank should not be in the list. Even if it is in the list and your account is FDIC insured and account has less than 100K then you will get money from FDIC if bank fails.
If FDIC fails than we all in the US are in trouble. It will total collapse of the system. I dont think it will ever happen but who knows.
What does this mean? I am not too strong regarding finances, so asking.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20090305/pl_afp/financeeconomyusbankinggovernment
Does it mean there wont be insurance on our bank deposits if this happens?
I forget the site the FDIC lists the trouble banks that may fail. You bank should not be in the list. Even if it is in the list and your account is FDIC insured and account has less than 100K then you will get money from FDIC if bank fails.
If FDIC fails than we all in the US are in trouble. It will total collapse of the system. I dont think it will ever happen but who knows.
more...
pictures 2009 Nissan Versa S Sedan
fromnaija
02-10 10:49 AM
Hi All:
Question: I have a I-140 PD Sept 2005 - EB-3, And completed 4.5 years (6year end oin July 2008) on H1. I changed the job in Jan, 2007 and using the approved I-140- 3 year H1 Ext rule, I received my extention for 3 year until 2010. Now my new employer des not want to file for greencard for 1 year. meanwhile if my old employer withdraws my I-140 what would happen in this case, if I start my LC application in jan 2008.
The question of what happens if your 140 is withdrawn by previous employer has not been answered, not by lawyers and certainly not by USCIS. It is a grey area. However, it has not been documented that USCIS will cancel an H1B extension that is based on an I-140 when the underlining 140 is withdrawn.
You may want to ask your attorney this question.
Question: I have a I-140 PD Sept 2005 - EB-3, And completed 4.5 years (6year end oin July 2008) on H1. I changed the job in Jan, 2007 and using the approved I-140- 3 year H1 Ext rule, I received my extention for 3 year until 2010. Now my new employer des not want to file for greencard for 1 year. meanwhile if my old employer withdraws my I-140 what would happen in this case, if I start my LC application in jan 2008.
The question of what happens if your 140 is withdrawn by previous employer has not been answered, not by lawyers and certainly not by USCIS. It is a grey area. However, it has not been documented that USCIS will cancel an H1B extension that is based on an I-140 when the underlining 140 is withdrawn.
You may want to ask your attorney this question.
dresses The 2009 Nissan Versa,
h1techSlave
10-05 11:15 AM
Any body can ask for documents. But if you ask as part of a law suit, they will have to give it to you. Otherwise, they can just say some nice words and that will be the end of it.
This is what happened to the China-man. They filed a law suit, so DOS/USCIS gave them the information. But DOS/USCIS now hates the China-man.
IV is being very nice to DOS/USCIS. So DOS/USCIS is also very nice to IV.
If you file a lawsuit you can ask for documents.
This is what happened to the China-man. They filed a law suit, so DOS/USCIS gave them the information. But DOS/USCIS now hates the China-man.
IV is being very nice to DOS/USCIS. So DOS/USCIS is also very nice to IV.
If you file a lawsuit you can ask for documents.
more...
makeup Nissan Versa 5 18 2009
pagalForGC
06-17 03:54 PM
Thanks Veni001. Yes, I did file for AC-21 when I changed my employer. Are there chances of my old I-140 cancelling even after fillinf for AC-21?
Thanks...
As far as i know H1-B is not a requirement, but having it provide you fall back option. If you have not used AC21 and your old I-140 gets canceled( for any reason) before new I-140 approval, you will land in trouble.
The employer has to prove that there is a EB-2( Master's/Bachelor +5 yrs) job available and he can not find a qualified US Citizen/Permanent Resident for that job to get new PERM approval. DOL checks PERM job requirements against their database, and most of the time software jobs with Job descriptions of Master's or Bachelor +5 yrs required gets audited by DOL so we can not really predict how long does it take to get PERM approval.
After PERM a second audit on job requirement comes from the USCIS at I-140, once these two hurdles passed you need to send a ltr to USCIS to port I-485 category and date.
Based on the posts on this forum, if no audits, PERM is getting approved in about 8 months and I-140 in about 6 months.
Thanks...
As far as i know H1-B is not a requirement, but having it provide you fall back option. If you have not used AC21 and your old I-140 gets canceled( for any reason) before new I-140 approval, you will land in trouble.
The employer has to prove that there is a EB-2( Master's/Bachelor +5 yrs) job available and he can not find a qualified US Citizen/Permanent Resident for that job to get new PERM approval. DOL checks PERM job requirements against their database, and most of the time software jobs with Job descriptions of Master's or Bachelor +5 yrs required gets audited by DOL so we can not really predict how long does it take to get PERM approval.
After PERM a second audit on job requirement comes from the USCIS at I-140, once these two hurdles passed you need to send a ltr to USCIS to port I-485 category and date.
Based on the posts on this forum, if no audits, PERM is getting approved in about 8 months and I-140 in about 6 months.
girlfriend 2009 Nissan Versa
logiclife
06-20 12:21 AM
Couple of our volunteers in Los Angeles Area have volunteered to prepare a 10 minute documentary on immigration issues faced by hi-skills legal immigrants because of delays in greencard process.
We need candidates to be on this documentary who are:
1. Living in LA area or willing to travel to LA area if possible.(if you are not in LA or around, you still can do something, see below)
2. Willing to do a Q&A on Camera for documentary that will be posted on this website and other websites pushing for similar causes.
3. Have a compelling case of problems in life or career for self/family because of greencard delays.
If you are not in Los Angeles Area:
You can still email your story. Although you may not be seen in the film, your story would be mentioned.
This is an opportunity for all of you
Friends, please volunteer, especially if you have a good case and you live in or near Los Angeles. There is nothing to fear and a lot of Immigration Voice Core members have been on TV, Cable, Newspapers etc and its absolutely a wonderful opportunity to be heard about the unbearable pain these delays cause us in our lives and careers.
How to sign up for this:
Please email me at jay@immigrationvoice.org with subject line "LA Documentary". Please include your stories with name, location(just city and state), phone number, etc. so that I can arrange a meetup for filming this documentary.
We need candidates to be on this documentary who are:
1. Living in LA area or willing to travel to LA area if possible.(if you are not in LA or around, you still can do something, see below)
2. Willing to do a Q&A on Camera for documentary that will be posted on this website and other websites pushing for similar causes.
3. Have a compelling case of problems in life or career for self/family because of greencard delays.
If you are not in Los Angeles Area:
You can still email your story. Although you may not be seen in the film, your story would be mentioned.
This is an opportunity for all of you
Friends, please volunteer, especially if you have a good case and you live in or near Los Angeles. There is nothing to fear and a lot of Immigration Voice Core members have been on TV, Cable, Newspapers etc and its absolutely a wonderful opportunity to be heard about the unbearable pain these delays cause us in our lives and careers.
How to sign up for this:
Please email me at jay@immigrationvoice.org with subject line "LA Documentary". Please include your stories with name, location(just city and state), phone number, etc. so that I can arrange a meetup for filming this documentary.
hairstyles 2009 Nissan Versa S Sedan
sanju
11-27 11:36 PM
Hi,
My employer "ABC" (Consultancy) based in Ohio made me sign a Cognovit Promissory Note for 'X' amount ( where 'X' is a pretty large amount) on my arrival to US on H1-B visa earlier this year. I've been associated with him for less than an year now.
Question:
Does this note have any significance according to US law, esp. Ohio?
If I plan to move from this consultancy, can this note be held as a Legal Document and any legal action taken against me based on this note?
What is my way out of this?
I would be highly obliged if anyone can provide any help on this matter.
Regards
Chint001
If he goes to court with that promissory note, you can file lawsuit in labor court saying that he is exploiting you and making you hostage of the promissory note. If challenged in court, the judge will throw out that promissory note as the employer used his power over you to sign that agreement. If there is any pressure used to make someone sign a document, the validity of that document can be challenged. Also, exploitation lawsuit will expose your employer to summons and checks from USCIS and DOL, which basically means close of business.
If I were you, this is what I would do. Consult an attorney in Labor law domain and ask him to represent you. Find another employer, change the H1, then tell your lawyer to call this employer for exploitation charges. It is possible that you may be able to get damages and compensation for exploitation.
.
My employer "ABC" (Consultancy) based in Ohio made me sign a Cognovit Promissory Note for 'X' amount ( where 'X' is a pretty large amount) on my arrival to US on H1-B visa earlier this year. I've been associated with him for less than an year now.
Question:
Does this note have any significance according to US law, esp. Ohio?
If I plan to move from this consultancy, can this note be held as a Legal Document and any legal action taken against me based on this note?
What is my way out of this?
I would be highly obliged if anyone can provide any help on this matter.
Regards
Chint001
If he goes to court with that promissory note, you can file lawsuit in labor court saying that he is exploiting you and making you hostage of the promissory note. If challenged in court, the judge will throw out that promissory note as the employer used his power over you to sign that agreement. If there is any pressure used to make someone sign a document, the validity of that document can be challenged. Also, exploitation lawsuit will expose your employer to summons and checks from USCIS and DOL, which basically means close of business.
If I were you, this is what I would do. Consult an attorney in Labor law domain and ask him to represent you. Find another employer, change the H1, then tell your lawyer to call this employer for exploitation charges. It is possible that you may be able to get damages and compensation for exploitation.
.
zulo1715
10-20 05:44 PM
The problem might occur when you file for citizenship, you have to justify why you dint work after getting the GC. However it is not written in stone that if you dont work for your petitioning company the officer will deny your citizenship or revoke your GC. They will look at the totality of the circumstances, since you worked for the petitioner for some time, they may not make a determination that the job offer was speculative, you have to show that you had every intention of working for them and the company had every intention of hiring you, maybe they can give a letter stating that they continue to market you and will re-hire as soon as the economy imporves. If your company finds a project for you, you should continue to work for them. Or you could have done AC-21 after the I-140 was approved and before the I-485 was approved.
Thank you Prashanthi for your reply.
I have a letter (it's in email format) that shows my lay-off is because of "lack of work". However, this letter is for the time before my GC was approved. I suppose that I need to get a letter from the company dated sometime after my GC approval date in order to present that in the time my citizenship process to justify that the job offer was not speculative; right?
That might also possible to get a letter from the company that shows they are willing to hire me in case there's a new project; thanks for your comment on this.
Thank you Prashanthi for your reply.
I have a letter (it's in email format) that shows my lay-off is because of "lack of work". However, this letter is for the time before my GC was approved. I suppose that I need to get a letter from the company dated sometime after my GC approval date in order to present that in the time my citizenship process to justify that the job offer was not speculative; right?
That might also possible to get a letter from the company that shows they are willing to hire me in case there's a new project; thanks for your comment on this.
WillIBLucky
06-18 10:44 AM
But, when the doctor asks you if you having any history of problems then you may have to tell him that.
Else, you should be fine. Good Luck
Else, you should be fine. Good Luck
No comments:
Post a Comment