nightowl76
08-27 07:22 PM
I received renewed EAD cards a week ago. I had applied a couple of months ago. I noticed that the renewed EAD card also says 'Fingerprint not available'. My fingerprinting was done in March 08.
Is this expected? Does anyones EAD card have a fingerprint on it?
Is this expected? Does anyones EAD card have a fingerprint on it?
wallpaper 2011 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
Aah_GC
12-13 12:11 PM
Guys, you don't have make fun of this person. If you don't like it let it go.
Those weren't exactly stomach aching puns either.
Those weren't exactly stomach aching puns either.

sekasi
08-18 08:55 PM
In that case, kinda have to make the ya rly counterpart ;)
2011 2011 Subaru Impreza STI
anu_t
06-20 02:20 PM
:( :( unfortunatelly I don't have 140 copy. :( It seems I can't do anything in this case.
more...
gondalguru
06-19 11:45 PM
Please help me as I am in big confusion.
I am J1 physician working in Underserved area. Completed 3 years of waiver requirement 9/2006.
I worked with company A from 5/2004 to 3/2007. Got EB-2 PERM based I-140 apporved with PD: 9/2004 with company A
Also applied for NIW based I-140 (self petiton) approved with PD of 9/2004. I-485 pending on this I-140 with RD of 11/2004. I need to complete 5 yrs in underserved area to get GC using this method.
Changed job in 3/2007 to company B hoping to apply for PERM and GC again. But with this new CIR looming with changes in EB catagory I am moving back to company A.
Now my prior employer company A is offering me job again. They have kept my apporved I-140 intact. It is going to take 4-6 weeks to join them back and be on their payroll.
What should I do?
Can I file new I-485 based on approved I-140 with company A even though I am not working with them now (as future employment)? This will be my 2nd I-485 as the first one is pending for NIW application.
Should I try to interfile first I-485 with PERM based I-140? One lawyer told me that if I interfile I-485 with PERM baed I-140 then there is a risk of denial of the I-485 as it was filed duing my three years of waiver service. Second lawyer told me that interfiling can be done with out problem (especially if I 485 is at TSC) but only after joining company A.
As you can see how complicated the case is and how different lawyers give differnt opinions.... I am very confused. Please advise gurus.
I am J1 physician working in Underserved area. Completed 3 years of waiver requirement 9/2006.
I worked with company A from 5/2004 to 3/2007. Got EB-2 PERM based I-140 apporved with PD: 9/2004 with company A
Also applied for NIW based I-140 (self petiton) approved with PD of 9/2004. I-485 pending on this I-140 with RD of 11/2004. I need to complete 5 yrs in underserved area to get GC using this method.
Changed job in 3/2007 to company B hoping to apply for PERM and GC again. But with this new CIR looming with changes in EB catagory I am moving back to company A.
Now my prior employer company A is offering me job again. They have kept my apporved I-140 intact. It is going to take 4-6 weeks to join them back and be on their payroll.
What should I do?
Can I file new I-485 based on approved I-140 with company A even though I am not working with them now (as future employment)? This will be my 2nd I-485 as the first one is pending for NIW application.
Should I try to interfile first I-485 with PERM based I-140? One lawyer told me that if I interfile I-485 with PERM baed I-140 then there is a risk of denial of the I-485 as it was filed duing my three years of waiver service. Second lawyer told me that interfiling can be done with out problem (especially if I 485 is at TSC) but only after joining company A.
As you can see how complicated the case is and how different lawyers give differnt opinions.... I am very confused. Please advise gurus.
java_jaggu
06-20 04:29 PM
logiclife, I am not sure whether we can file the 485 on our own with a letter from the employer. The letter from the employer is part of the "Initial Evidence" required to file the 485 petition. Here is a snippet from the immigration-law website talking about the importance of submitting the initial evidence at the time of filing. There is a high possibility that your I-485 petition will get denied(without an RFE) if you don't submit it without a letter from the employer.
06/17/2007: Flexible RFE/NOID Response Time Rule and Advisory for July EB-485 Filing
As we advised earlier, the USCIS published a new rule that allows the USCIS to have more discredtion and control over the two issues: One is shortening of the timeframe for responses to RFE from previous 12 weeks to any period of time which they see fit. The second rule is their authority to either reject or deny petitions or applications without issuing RFE where "initial evidence" is missing in the filing. Previously, the so-called Yates memo indirectly required the agency to avoid rejection and denial with a recommend to issue RFEs as much as possible. This part of the Yates memo is overridden by the new rule who took effect yesterday, June 16, 2007. It is thus likely that the Service Centers will more aggressively reject or deny the I-485 applications where the "initial evidence" are missing in the filing packet. It is thus very important that people understand the definition of "initial evidence." The initial evidence varies between the nonimmigrant and immigrant proceedings and for that matter, each type of proceedings. The immigration regulation lists in details the initial evidence. However, the instructions sheets to each petition or application lists the initial evidence that are required for filing. Accordingly, beginning from today, people may want to read the instruction sheet for I-485 form carefully to learn the list of initial evidence and not to miss omitting these evidence in filing I-485 applications.
06/17/2007: Flexible RFE/NOID Response Time Rule and Advisory for July EB-485 Filing
As we advised earlier, the USCIS published a new rule that allows the USCIS to have more discredtion and control over the two issues: One is shortening of the timeframe for responses to RFE from previous 12 weeks to any period of time which they see fit. The second rule is their authority to either reject or deny petitions or applications without issuing RFE where "initial evidence" is missing in the filing. Previously, the so-called Yates memo indirectly required the agency to avoid rejection and denial with a recommend to issue RFEs as much as possible. This part of the Yates memo is overridden by the new rule who took effect yesterday, June 16, 2007. It is thus likely that the Service Centers will more aggressively reject or deny the I-485 applications where the "initial evidence" are missing in the filing packet. It is thus very important that people understand the definition of "initial evidence." The initial evidence varies between the nonimmigrant and immigrant proceedings and for that matter, each type of proceedings. The immigration regulation lists in details the initial evidence. However, the instructions sheets to each petition or application lists the initial evidence that are required for filing. Accordingly, beginning from today, people may want to read the instruction sheet for I-485 form carefully to learn the list of initial evidence and not to miss omitting these evidence in filing I-485 applications.
more...
prom2
11-09 10:42 AM
What is your PD?
Good luck
Good luck
2010 2011 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
KbK
07-20 04:38 PM
Hi eagerr2i,
Can you give some details about, how to get the certification. My wife is also doing her teaching credentials in the community college and we live in california.
Thanks buddy for your help.
Can you give some details about, how to get the certification. My wife is also doing her teaching credentials in the community college and we live in california.
Thanks buddy for your help.
more...
LostInGCProcess
08-18 07:36 PM
I thank you all for your encouraging and kind response.
The new job I have is like a contract job to a client. A big consulting firm has hired me. So, I have not yet spoken to them about any letters that I may require in future should there be an RFE.
My situation was very desperate to get a job...i was without job for more then 3 months and its hard to run a family...and I came to the point where we were planning to return back home....but I got the job just in the last minute, i must say....The requirement for the job was, only GC or Citizens. I told them I am on EAD they said fine we can take you as long as we don't have to sponsor you....So, I took it.
The other issue is, I am getting paid far less then what I used to get. ..so, I don't know if that's acceptable or not with regards to the GC process.
But the work is same. What I used to do earlier, I am doing the same kind of job here with the new client.
So, all these factors has caused lot of confusion in my mind whether to continue with old address or not. I still have 2 more months on the lease for the old apt address...so I got some more time to think about this job.
Thanks again for all your advice.
Chanduv, I know you started a thread on "RFE for AR-11" to poll, but I did not followup on that.
The new job I have is like a contract job to a client. A big consulting firm has hired me. So, I have not yet spoken to them about any letters that I may require in future should there be an RFE.
My situation was very desperate to get a job...i was without job for more then 3 months and its hard to run a family...and I came to the point where we were planning to return back home....but I got the job just in the last minute, i must say....The requirement for the job was, only GC or Citizens. I told them I am on EAD they said fine we can take you as long as we don't have to sponsor you....So, I took it.
The other issue is, I am getting paid far less then what I used to get. ..so, I don't know if that's acceptable or not with regards to the GC process.
But the work is same. What I used to do earlier, I am doing the same kind of job here with the new client.
So, all these factors has caused lot of confusion in my mind whether to continue with old address or not. I still have 2 more months on the lease for the old apt address...so I got some more time to think about this job.
Thanks again for all your advice.
Chanduv, I know you started a thread on "RFE for AR-11" to poll, but I did not followup on that.
hair 2011 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
waitin_toolong
11-19 09:36 AM
as long as the I-797 is current the expired stamp does not matter but do send a copy of it.
You dont have to renew EAD if she is not working and save $340. Her next EAD (whenever she applies) will be a new Application.
But do remember it always takes time to obtain an EAD so if she needs it any time in future she will have to wait so be very sure about not working. EAD is not a proof of legal status only an authorization toi work so you dont need it if you dont plan to work.
As for AP, unless you dont plan to travel even for emergency reasons of have valid H1 stamped or can get it stamped you dont need it.
For wife make sure her travel is not in between applications. She should travel with an approved AP and apply for renewal and wait for it to be approved before she departs the country.
You dont have to renew EAD if she is not working and save $340. Her next EAD (whenever she applies) will be a new Application.
But do remember it always takes time to obtain an EAD so if she needs it any time in future she will have to wait so be very sure about not working. EAD is not a proof of legal status only an authorization toi work so you dont need it if you dont plan to work.
As for AP, unless you dont plan to travel even for emergency reasons of have valid H1 stamped or can get it stamped you dont need it.
For wife make sure her travel is not in between applications. She should travel with an approved AP and apply for renewal and wait for it to be approved before she departs the country.
more...
txh1b
08-18 01:28 PM
Well if it is clearly mentioned in the offer letter that Employer will cover the GC cost, then isnt the employer supposed to pay for it irrespective of when the labor was filed. It was filed in 2006.
Btw, i am on AOS if that is what was meant from my legal status..
Thanks for all the responses to my thread so far..
Like I said before, this is a civil issue and a contract claim. This can be handled by means of a lawsuit as a civil proceeding if you wanted to. The likelihood of you winning the claim is very very slim in court based on my knowlegde. If you want a government agency to help you, that is not going to happen as there is no claim of any violation here.
Btw, i am on AOS if that is what was meant from my legal status..
Thanks for all the responses to my thread so far..
Like I said before, this is a civil issue and a contract claim. This can be handled by means of a lawsuit as a civil proceeding if you wanted to. The likelihood of you winning the claim is very very slim in court based on my knowlegde. If you want a government agency to help you, that is not going to happen as there is no claim of any violation here.
hot 2011 Subaru Cosworth Impreza
jungalee43
03-05 11:47 AM
Our friend from AL: - "interested in SAVE act". He wants to see it move in House.
Looks like there would be some debate. This way or that.
All the talk about Illegals. So nothing that they discuss apply to us. Though I missed something, they are not saying a word against us.
Looks like there would be some debate. This way or that.
All the talk about Illegals. So nothing that they discuss apply to us. Though I missed something, they are not saying a word against us.
more...
house Subaru Impreza WRX STI 2011
immilaw
12-14 11:28 AM
Here is the satement of Senator Salzar on ICE Action and the Need for CIR
http://salazar.senate.gov/news/releases/061212immg.htm
http://salazar.senate.gov/news/releases/061212immg.htm
tattoo St0/2011-Subaru-WRX-STI-Sedan-
Googler
07-04 01:14 AM
Saw this at (concurrent filing tracker)
http://www..com/discuss/140_485/9614841/
*********************
I-140/I-485 case: Approved in 915 days (700 days more than average*)
User: aarun Labor Filing Date: 02 Jun 2004
Service Center: Nebraska Category: EB3
USCIS Receipt Date: 29 Dec 2004 USCIS Notice Date: 11 Jan 2005
I-140 Processing: regular I-140 Approval Date: 25 May 2005
Fingerprinting Date 1: 10 Feb 2005 Fingerprinting Date 2: 15 Aug 2006
RFE: no RFE Reply Date:
I-485 Status: approved I-485 Approval Date: 02 Jul 2007
Name Check Status: not sure Name Check Approval/Denial Date: N/A
Card Ordered Date: 02 Jul 2007 Card Received Date:
EAD Approval Date: 25 Sep 2006 AP Approval Date: 25 Sep 2006
Nationality: India Last Updated: 02 Jul 2007 9:01pm PST
*********************************
BTW, this is not a typo, the user aarun clearly states in the reply to comments that these details are correct.
Total anarchy!! How can this happen? EB3, June 2, 2004 was not current in June 2007!
It struck me that all these years we have taken USCIS' word on the idea that they issue green cards by PD -- they don't release any statistics on greencards issued by PD and country, so we have no idea if they do this all the time, issue green cards any which way they like!
I should add that I feel no animus against aarun, he/she is just like any one of us stuck in this lightless, informationless black box of a process, good that he/she got lucky. This incident is tremendously informative for the rest of us cos it tells us how logic free and lawless the process really is.
http://www..com/discuss/140_485/9614841/
*********************
I-140/I-485 case: Approved in 915 days (700 days more than average*)
User: aarun Labor Filing Date: 02 Jun 2004
Service Center: Nebraska Category: EB3
USCIS Receipt Date: 29 Dec 2004 USCIS Notice Date: 11 Jan 2005
I-140 Processing: regular I-140 Approval Date: 25 May 2005
Fingerprinting Date 1: 10 Feb 2005 Fingerprinting Date 2: 15 Aug 2006
RFE: no RFE Reply Date:
I-485 Status: approved I-485 Approval Date: 02 Jul 2007
Name Check Status: not sure Name Check Approval/Denial Date: N/A
Card Ordered Date: 02 Jul 2007 Card Received Date:
EAD Approval Date: 25 Sep 2006 AP Approval Date: 25 Sep 2006
Nationality: India Last Updated: 02 Jul 2007 9:01pm PST
*********************************
BTW, this is not a typo, the user aarun clearly states in the reply to comments that these details are correct.
Total anarchy!! How can this happen? EB3, June 2, 2004 was not current in June 2007!
It struck me that all these years we have taken USCIS' word on the idea that they issue green cards by PD -- they don't release any statistics on greencards issued by PD and country, so we have no idea if they do this all the time, issue green cards any which way they like!
I should add that I feel no animus against aarun, he/she is just like any one of us stuck in this lightless, informationless black box of a process, good that he/she got lucky. This incident is tremendously informative for the rest of us cos it tells us how logic free and lawless the process really is.
more...
pictures 2011 Subaru Impreza STI Photo
TomTancredo
01-11 04:21 PM
Clearly Explaining
I am working on Company A in H1B status my GC sponsored Company B for Future Employment and they applied 140 its Approved suddenly dates became current I applied AOS with 140 Approved in July afte that we got our EADS APs FPs all etc. my sponsored employer asked to join then I joined in Company B on EAD status
what ever the payment terms which I discussed within a month he changed his words according to law he only pay salary but I am working on percentage basis I liitle bit fed up with those issues
I stayed with them only one month and one more month
when can I Use AC21 for safe side
Please consult an attorney. Your case is not str8forward. Please be ready to show the documented proof in case of an RFE.
I am working on Company A in H1B status my GC sponsored Company B for Future Employment and they applied 140 its Approved suddenly dates became current I applied AOS with 140 Approved in July afte that we got our EADS APs FPs all etc. my sponsored employer asked to join then I joined in Company B on EAD status
what ever the payment terms which I discussed within a month he changed his words according to law he only pay salary but I am working on percentage basis I liitle bit fed up with those issues
I stayed with them only one month and one more month
when can I Use AC21 for safe side
Please consult an attorney. Your case is not str8forward. Please be ready to show the documented proof in case of an RFE.
dresses This is the 2011 Subaru STI
jsb
11-01 12:24 PM
I'm from ROW, my spouse and me both have EAD and AP. But our I-485 is pending. My spouse isn't working but would be travelling to Germany next year while I won't be travelling with her.
1. Is a good idea just to apply only EAD renewal for me and AP for her to save some bucks?
2. How soon will the service center accept the renewal applications before they expire?
3. What if I file these renewal by myself and don't use a lawyer. Will it make a difference?
4. What paper work do I need to submit with my applications for renewal either by online or manual?
5. What are the implications of not having to apply EAD for my spouse. Is she going to be out of status once her EAD expire?
Experts please advice.
It is better to keep EAD and AP current, instead of letting them expire to save a few bucks. Renewing something expired raises eyebrows. Renewal instructions come with EAD and AP. There is no need of a lawyer. Renewals are simple process.
1. Is a good idea just to apply only EAD renewal for me and AP for her to save some bucks?
2. How soon will the service center accept the renewal applications before they expire?
3. What if I file these renewal by myself and don't use a lawyer. Will it make a difference?
4. What paper work do I need to submit with my applications for renewal either by online or manual?
5. What are the implications of not having to apply EAD for my spouse. Is she going to be out of status once her EAD expire?
Experts please advice.
It is better to keep EAD and AP current, instead of letting them expire to save a few bucks. Renewing something expired raises eyebrows. Renewal instructions come with EAD and AP. There is no need of a lawyer. Renewals are simple process.
more...
makeup Subaru WRX STI 2011, le retour
tdasara
02-08 09:37 AM
L1A - qualifies for EB1 but Indian companies very rarely do it.
L1B - EB2/EB3 but again not many sponsor.
L1B - EB2/EB3 but again not many sponsor.
girlfriend 2011 Subaru Impreza WRX STI 5-
panacea
08-09 07:57 PM
anybody? I'm also in similar kind of situation.
hairstyles 2011 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
nlssubbu
06-20 02:41 PM
I used AP thrice and renewed my H1 twice after entering using AP without any issues.
Thanks
Thanks
shreekhand
09-13 11:39 PM
gc_peshwa,
You like to make extraneous comparisons ? Comparing yourself to Nazi treatment of jews in the 1930's and 40's. :confused: Had a bad day or lost your mental balance like Raghunathrao peshwa ?? :rolleyes:
You like to make extraneous comparisons ? Comparing yourself to Nazi treatment of jews in the 1930's and 40's. :confused: Had a bad day or lost your mental balance like Raghunathrao peshwa ?? :rolleyes:
keshtwo
07-09 05:50 PM
As long as 2003/2004/2005 folks who have already-filed stay in low numbers it might indicate good PD movement in those years (since numbers wont be used up so soon and USCIS/DOS might have to move dates forward to start pushing out approvals. New people will then file and the usage will climb and dates slow down again).
If, on the other hand USCIS is sitting on tons of 2003/2004 PD I-485s, then date movement is going to be slow
gc_chahiye - Is it possible to somehow keep the results of the first poll in the main page? It is the only data we have which comes anywhere near the real data, and it would provide good reference.
If, on the other hand USCIS is sitting on tons of 2003/2004 PD I-485s, then date movement is going to be slow
gc_chahiye - Is it possible to somehow keep the results of the first poll in the main page? It is the only data we have which comes anywhere near the real data, and it would provide good reference.
No comments:
Post a Comment